Sept 2011

Saturday, March 28, 2009

A new look and an update...

Well, tomorrow I will be 4 months pregnant! Today I went through a bunch of borrowed maternity clothes and picked out some pants and jeans that I'm going to start wearing... My clothes are just too tight and uncomfortable. It's time for a new look!! :-)

Jeff and I have decided we're not going to find out if it's a girl or a boy...He wanted to know and I didn't, but neither of us had any solid reasons, so we're not going to find out. It's funny to hear people's opinion on this...some people are such planners that they would die if they didn't find out! Others, like me, think it's such a great surprise! We've started tossing around some names for boys and girls. I think we've settled on a girls name, but we've agreed to not tell anyone else. A boys name on the other hand has been very difficult... we don't have any possibilities at this point! Being a teacher and trying to pick out a name is pretty difficult! Many boys names that I think of or read remind me of a current or former student. Sometimes those memories are good, but sometimes they aren't!

I've been feeling some flutterings as of late... about every other day or so... I think I might be feeling baby moving, but it's hard to say! I'm anxious to ask my ob on Monday when I go. Generally, I've been feeling really good! Most of the time I have a really good appetite, but have to watch what I eat. I've had troubles with heartburn pre-pregnancy, and it's starting to flair up a little now. As long as I keep acids to an absolute minimum and only drink water, I seem to be okay without any meds. I can definately feel my muscles stretching! Some days after school, my back aches a lot, but once I lay down for an hour or so, I feel better. Jeff has been so kind! When I come home from school and lay down and sleep for 2 hours, he gets himself some dinner and just lets me sleep! I don't know what I would do without him!

Speaking of sleep... it's almost 9:30 and I'm ready to go to bed!

4 comments:

bandanachick said...

Love your new blog look!
I am so happy for you and so glad that your pregnancy is going well! So fun that you are waiting to find out what you are having...I'm one of those that could never do that, but I love it when people do wait.
Love to you!

Valerie said...

Since we've done it both ways, (waiting and finding out) I feel like I can definitely say that "waiting" is the way to go! There is just something so magical about hearing, "it's a ...."! Glad to hear that things are going so well! Teaching and pregnancy is a challenge though, especially towards the end!

Anonymous said...

I think I'll be in the same boat as you when it comes baby time for us. My husband wants to know but I don't want to know. I like the thought of surprise. Good luck on picking out a name. I've always been told that you should have several names for each sex cause you'll never fully know the name until you see the face.

Heather Benza said...

Ha ha this is so funny--my husband is always practically irate to discover someone is going to be surprised about gender and half the time it's folks he doesn't even know! For some reason he has a burning need to know what everyone is having. We figured we'd be surprised on the day the told us, so we found out our #2 is another boy.